You know what my boyfriend got me for our first Valentine’s together?
I came home from work to this surprise. Stargazer lilies, a stuffed dalmatian, cheesecake-filled chocolates, Russell Stover chocolates, Star Wars LEGO set, and Valentine’s cards from him and his 6-year-old–OMG right? Followed by dinner at The Old Spaghetti Factory.
So I felt really bad when I didn’t get him anything. That’s why the next day, my sister and I went to the mall to brainstorm on possible presents.
She suggested a beer basket, which then led us to Total Wine & More. Two helpful employees, Joe and (I’m so sorry I forgot to get the other guy’s name), helped us pick out eight craft beers, two Unibroue Maudite snifter beer glasses, and a bucket. My sister put more effort into it than I did, as she also put together the whole thing with some snacks, colored paper, and ribbons.
- Track Seven Brewing Co. – Second Anniversary Imperial Belgian-Style Stout brewed with TCHO cacao nibs
- Stochasticity Project – Grapefruit Slam IPA
- Rubicon Brewing Company – Irish Red Ale
- Laughing Dog Brewing – Dogzilla Black IPA
- Lagunitas Brewing Company – Cappuccino Stout
- Dogfish Head – Immort Ale
- Dogfish Head – Midas Touch
- Mendocino Brewing Company – Imperial Barley Wine Ale
How fun is that? It’s a great present for a guy! The whole thing cost me $90. A bit pricey, yes, but totally worth it for my honeybunny.
What other gift ideas are perfect for men? Would you do a beer bucket, too?