First award ever! Christina from Polka Dot Heart nominated me for the Sunshine Award, which is très awesome. Thank you, Christina! 😀
- You have to post a picture of the Sunshine award in the blog post.
- Post 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 wonderful bloggers.
- Write 11 questions for them to answer.
- Also let the bloggers you nominated know you have nominated them.
11 Random Facts About Me
- I grew up in Cebu, Philippines and moved to Sacramento, CA when I was 20.
- My all-time favorite video game is Super Mario. The classic ones; not the 3D or the Kart or whatever else is new. Even now that I have a PS3, I still crave that Nintendo classic.
- I cannot play Pac-Man because I get anxiety attacks. I am not kidding.
- I have never been on a rollercoaster.
- My most embarrassing moment of all time: During a party, I got drunk at my ex-boyfriend’s new girlfriend’s (we’re all cool) house and puked all over the living room and the couch. Her sister took care of me the rest of the night while I was passed out on her (the sister’s) bed.
- You know that phrase “It’s like riding a bike; you never forget”? Not true. I got a bike as a birthday present when I was a kid. Started with training wheels, then without training wheels, and rode that thing everyday. Until I fell down and scraped myself so bad. I never got on a bike again. Tried two years ago, and I just couldn’t get past two pedals. So now, I no longer know how to ride a bike. *world implodes*
- I can’t swim either. I can float, but only on my stomach. So I pretty much resemble a drowned corpse when I’m in the water.
- I will and have eaten balut, lansiao (bull’s balls/Soup #5), chicken intestines, cow tongue, and pig’s blood–but you can never pay me enough to eat licorice.
- I enjoy doing Dru’s homework–math, art history, art projects, scientific illustrations, etc.
- I majored in both Mass Communication and Graphic Design.
- You will never see me wear kitten heels. It’s either flats or at least 3-inch heels. None of that kitten heel business.
11 Questions I Was Asked
- What made you start blogging? A few people from the school paper that I was a part of joined Tabulas back in 2004. I joined the bandwagon, and realized that I enjoyed it so much. I then moved on to Livejournal, Multiply, Sitesled (handcoded my own website then), and was hosted at a few bloggers’ domains. I purchased YourPaperHeart.net in 2009 for a web design class and kept that domain until August this year, when I let it expire. Now I’m in WordPress almost 10 years later.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? I will be 30 by then, so I really hope I’m already a wife and a mother.
- What are your top 3 favorite colors? Turquoise, coral, cream.
- What is your favorite place you’ve traveled to? Universal Studios. I want to go back.
- What is your favorite season? Summer. As a girl from a tropical island, the summer is the closest to what I had at home.
- What is your favorite type of blog to read (lifestyle, fashion, mommy, etc)? Lifestyle. I can’t quite relate to mommy blogs because I’m not one. I don’t really care much about fashion. Lifestyle blogs, when done right, offer me an interesting glimpse into another person’s life. I learn recipes, DIYs, uncluttering techniques, etc.
- If you could be any animal, what would you be? Scorpion. They look awesome, they’re lethal, and incredibly resilient.
- Do you believe you match your zodiac sign? I don’t believe in astrology. It’s a prime example of the Barnum/Fohrer effect. I’d like to think I’m unique, and subscribing to the belief that we are all just a jumble of shapes from 12 cookie cutters doesn’t sit well with me. I do find it amusing when my friends launch themselves into an extensive conversation about their signs and horoscopes.
- What is your biggest fear? Abandonment. I have serious issues. I cannot handle being left behind. I get very depressed when I go through break-ups, to the point where I get really bad anxiety attacks.
- What are some of your favorite hobbies? I spend way too much time online. I don’t really have hobbies.
- What is something you’ve accomplished that you were proud of? For now, I’m glad I got my AA and BA. But I know I can do better.
- Allison at The Bauble Dept.
- Allison Marie at Long and Luxe
- Areeba at I Have A Messy Bun
- BreAnna at Peacoats and Plaid
- Cherie at Pink Nightmare
- Dara at The Southern Thing
- Francis at fleefiles
- Jen at Boone+Owl
- Julia at Life Full of Jules
- Noor at Noor’s Place
- Toni at One Chocolate Box
My 11 Questions For the Nominees
- How did you come up with your blog name/domain name?
- What is one of your pet peeves?
- If you were a child of any celebrity (single, couple, your choice), who would your parent/parents be?
- What is your favorite song?
- Do you believe in aliens?
- What is one app you’d recommend to anyone?
- What is your favorite scent?
- Of all the cellphones you’ve owned, which one is your favorite?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- It is raining outside, and you are under a warm blanket with a cup of tea and a book in your hand. What would that book be?
- If you could get rid of one national holiday, what would that holiday be?